Tenerife el Sauzal the halfway house between Puerto de la Cruz and Santa Cruz.
Tenerife El Sauzal town hall
Tenerife El Sauzal
has a town hall which stands for its success.
It is also said to be the cleanest Tenerife metropolis despite its densely grouped population of about 8500 inhabitants on only 19km2.. That's an area like nearby la Victoria de Acentejo's but, the latter being less crowded.
Take the exit 21 from the northern freeway to get to the Sauzal town hub as well as to La Baranda.
The latter represents one of most picturesque valleys where white grapes grow at a level of 1000 feet above the sea. Its bay is flanked by Mount Teide as well as by a steeply descending green and sun kissed Atlantic West Coast near Punta del Sol.
More noteworthy features of El Sauzal Tenerife
- Its modern town hall and auditorium for concerts, theater and exhibitions
- Iglesia San Pedro Apóstol with its elegant style and white washed walls
- The church festival of its patron St.Peter in July with Romeria parades and free food
- Folklore school 'Escuela municipal de folclore'
- Nearby beaches of Mesa del Mar and El Pris to be reached by the TF16
while Playa Gargañona is too remote and too rough most time of the year with hardly black sand present
- La Baranda Tenerife with Cafeteria Baranda for dancing and Casa del Vino
- Best beer Tapas of Spain to taste also at nearby Restaurante La Bola at La Matanza exit TF5 km 19
- El Sauzal municipal market for regional produce and more
Christmas at Tenerife el Sauzal
Public Christmas tree
A tall Pine Christmas tree
is not to be missed behind Saint Peter Church between December and January 13. Gift parcels in all colors swing merrily from its branches.
Culture with music, dance and exhibitions play a big role during the festive season around Christmas in this rural town of Northwest Tenerife.
Tenerife nativity scene
A mesmerizing big Tenerife nativity scene
called Belém in Spanish caught our attention in 2012. We spotted it behind windows of the town's co-op. Find it on Plaza del Principe next to the church. Such scenes are part of a yearly town contest.
Most extraordinary Tenerife church dome
The sun is just about setting behind this well restored house of God with its most unusual roof and tower combination in El Sauzal.
Its brilliant white Spartan Persian dome contrasts with the red clay tiles of its Spanish roofs on lower levels.
It may also remind a mosque in Oman, Northern Africa or Iranian Eastern constructions.
Short Tenerife discovery tours where El Sauzal of Tenerife has more to offer.
Terrace beer garden restaurant for Sauzal brewed Tacoa Ale
From Tenerife El Sauzal back to Tenerife towns
Back to HomePage of the Tenerife holiday home insider
Back up to top?