Why La Paz Tenerife is lovely for all sorts of walks.
La Paz Tenerife is a pleasure for strolling in town, downtown, out of town but, not really 'uptown'.
The road which leads up to it from Puerto de la Cruz downtown is a bit on the steep side.
This suburb called La Paz for short is a northern suburb of Puerto de la Cruz.
This hamlet named 'Peace' (la Paz) was built on a hill where more wind sings in palm trees. Mount Teide looks on from behind green slopes that are densely covered with pines. Most stunning ocean views and scenic walks are another plus. I would guess that La Paz of El Puerto is about 100 m above sea level just like Taoro Park.
Actually, you can see the former Taoro Hotel and Casino well when you walk down the picturesque and partly steep Calzada de Las Cabras. (goats' path). The photo was taken during a descent by Calle Leopoldo Cólogan Zulueta.
The rose park at the Canary Center
Everything grows in this Northern suburb of Puerto de la Cruz. Even the most magnificent roses.
History of the most trendy suburb of Puerto de la Cruz
My tax adviser of 'Gestores Bernat' told me that her parents still remember la Paz when hardly more than its chapel Ermita San Amaro and bananas were there.
That was before an astro physics event in 1985. From then on, this location became a craze for real estate investment. Tall cranes helped to give birth to one hotel after the other.
A hotel in La Paz Tenerife with most remarkable park
Nothing gives away the amazing surprises of the Spa Hotel Botanico when you see from the street.
A black swan at Hotel Botanico
In that hotel, more than one black swan
lives happily in a subtropical garden by a Thai lake.
Carps swim under a Japanese bridge where oriental statues add to the Asian splendor.
This 5 star building complex which once looked like a regular mansion came into being after the astronomy event in the Eighties of century XX when business magnates, scientists, as well as kings and queens of Europe came to visit. Now, its high class Spa garden with oriental treatments where Koi fish are part of the exotic make up is one of the oldest Tenerife luxury tourist enclaves. By the way, those were the days when the hotel's owner Wolfgang Kiessling started to put the entertaining Loro Parque shows onto world maps.
List which includes attractions of La Paz Tenerife
- Ermita San Amaro a historic pilgrimage chapel of 1591
- Mirador La Paz beside above the cliff of Martianez with stunning ocean views of a surf bay and parts of Lago Lido Martianez
- A spectacular Cliff promenade where para-gliders pass by.
- A Trail to Bollullo beach and the Paradise country starts after the Martianez ocean view promenade and Hotel Semiramis.
- Golf La Rosaleda is one of smaller and less touristic Tenerife golf courses at Camino Carrasco 11-17,tel:922 3730 00
- Private Casa Cologan Valois a well restored country estate built by important pioneering Irish wine traders of Puerto de la Cruz
- Puerto de la Cruz hotels with 3, 4 and 5 stars, some of which at La Paz Tenerife
- Surprise packed Canary Center with flower filled terraces and yards in between shops, cafes, bars and elegant fashion outlets a shopping haven links to which find below on this page
- A Russian speaking medical practitioner amongst German doctors who know English, at Canary Center
- Almost bordering the Canary Center is La Paz Supermarket Sumo Spar beside t where the town elite expats find exclusive groceries and expensive wines.
- Jardin Botánico de Aclimatación de la Orotava La Paz Botanical gardens founded in 1788 for plants from all over the world
Video about Jardin Botanico
Actually, the Botanical gardens of la Paz are right opposite La Cupola shopping center which is portrayed below.
- La Cupola Mall with shops, real estate agencies, offices, restaurants and bars
- Calle Aceviño Cafe Sandra with yummy cakes but, only open in winter and with free Internet access
- Canary Center Cafe El Aderno with its delicious desserts and some sweets and chocolates for diabetics.
- Restaurant Zebra Maria for good filet steak and Restaurante Tiroler Alm for small and big eaters which find by clicking here
- International school to learn Spanish by www.sothis.es, Edif. Tagor Botánico, L. 29,Avda. Villa Nueva del Prado s/n,
Tel: 922 385021 PuertoCruz La Paz
Not to miss Abaco La Paz Tenerife
I should add one must see which is the Ábaco with museum, cocktail bar and the occasional classical concert.
Casa Grande Ábaco is near a banana plantation, just up the road from the Cupola Mall of La Paz and the famous 'Botanico' botanical gardens.
Last time I went there was with my daughter and my son in law who love going out at Abaco
for the occasional sun downer.
Location: Calle Casa Grande,
Urbanización (suburb) el Durazno,
38400 Puerto de la Cruz,
Province of Santa Cruz de Tenerife - Spain
Tel: 0034 + 922 37 01 07
More Abaco information
Shopping which includes La Paz with Puerto de la Cruz.
The Agatha Christie link of La Paz
Agatha Christi has a street named after her in La Paz of Puerto de la Cruz. It's between Hotel Semiramis and Plaza Mirador Lookout and leads towards the Martianez cliff promenade. Almost every year, a festival in her honor takes place in Puerto de la Cruz at the beginning of winter. More about all this here.
By the way, another statue of hers stands at Taoro Park.
Return from La Paz Tenerife to Puerto de la Cruz where many links, such as for local hotels are found which compliment the list above.
Back to HomePage of the Tenerife holiday home insider
Back up to top?