Awesome Los Gigantes.
Where is Los Gigantes the town of the giant cliffs?
It's situated 2/3 down from the top of the island Temerife on its West coast.
It's 58 km from the south airport by about an hour's drive, while you need about 90 minutes to get over the mountains past Masca and El Tanque to Puerto de la Cruz. Only 1 hour by car from Mount Teide via the road TF82.
News for the town by the awesome rocks.
The Carnival Gran Coso Parade is scheduled for February 25, 2018. Other shows to be posted ASAP.
More facts about the Gigantes the giant cliffs
Los Gigantes meaning giant cliffs
- The town with the best climate of the entire island
- Additional name Acantilados
- Oldest Tenerife cliff by 7,4million years
- Geological make-up: Basalt
- Appearance: Vertical and rugged, reaching 500 m and going to the sea bed at 30m depth.
- Flanking and protecting the town of the same name which is part of Santiago del Teide with 9200 inhabitants
- Part of: Teno a mountain range outdoors paradise.
Mind some mobility with modern Cluster Apartments on slopes, as depicted below...
4 star Hotel Los Gigantes
More hotel information
The Adults only Hotel Stil Gigantes (Los)
to the right of Crab Island (Isla de Cangrejos) at C/ Flor de Pascua 12, 38683 Los Gigantes.
Family hotel Hotel Tamaimo Tropical with lower prices
at C/La Hondura, n/s Puerto Santiago
- Street: Avda.Gonzalez Forte,7
- Town: 38683 of giant cliffs of Santiago del Teide - Tenerife
- Tel.: 0034 + 664 391773
- Parking: Outside
- Open: Every day
El Laguillo saltwater pools alternative
Puerto de Santiago
This village, a former fishing community, adjoins the main town of giant cliffs
Puerto Santiago Lookout
Walk along Calle Hondura until you get to a narrow passage that leads down to the sea. It's your key to the breath taking cliffs at the end of the bay. There also spot the outer edge of the yacht harbor the Marina or Puerto Deportivo in Spanish.
Tenerife Beaches by Los Gigantes in town and nearby.
Click the photo of Playa de la Arena to discover more about this subtropical, cozy seaside
with many amenities, such as hotels by its shores and much more.
The beach with the town's name and which is closest to the huge cliffs used to have coconut palms which have disappeared unfortunately.
The small village beach of Puerto de Santiago is used by fishermen, while some
locals swim there. There, nobody minded when our dog took a
short stroll with us.
Sight seeing spots by the town of giant cliffs.
- Isla Cangrejos (crab island)
- Harbor Club at the Marina yachts
- Sunset watches over la Gomera
More sundowns by the giant cliffs with and without stunning colors.
- Eucalyptus trail at about 400m above sea level after Santiago del Teide
- Bougainvillea square by Parque Oasis
- Mirador (view point) del Cherfe at 1100m in Valle de Arriba
The Marina with its yachts and whale watching boats
for Tenerife living with a boat and more.
Water sports by Tenerife's tallest coastal cliffs.
Expect huge rewards by deep sea fishing in the wide
open ocean with 36 whales species and dolphins by the big rocks. Go sailing and take part in regattas, windsurfing, para-surfing, speedboat rides, cut the waves with water skies, swim, snorkel and practice deep sea scuba diving, while good schools abound.
Consult a list of Los Gigantes Tenerife day trips for dolphin and whale spotting, while some boats go twice daily for the price of one trip.
Go swim with turtles
Follow up on a lead to swim with turtles which I missed when on an adventure trip private boat tour beyond the giant cliffs
off los Gigantes.
Best nearest Tenerife golf clubs
- 18 hole golf course is Abama Golf in Guilla de Isora
Tel: 922 126000 or, Tel: 922 126621.
- Buena Vista Golf (18 holes) a must for serious golfers.
Tel: Call 922 1290 34 or, Tel: 922 128044,
For more ideas for thrills and attractions of Tenerife further down South as well as in the North, click here...
Best places for eating out by the top Tenerife dolphin habitat.
Shopping by the giant cliffs?
Many a supermarket called
Supermercado, an almost classic
Mercadona by Playa de la Arena,
the Altesa supermarket chain,
a big Transito shop in Puerto Santiago and Lidl the large German store since 2014 in Puerto Santiago.
Driving, buses, shuttles and flights